VAN drivers who use the Household Recycling Centres within the Derry City and Strabane District Council area are being advised of new arrangements that will come into place from next week.
From Monday, June 15, large vans with trailers will only be permitted to Strathfoyle and Strahans Road sites during the following revised times – Strathfoyle, between 8 and 9am Monday to Saturday, and at Strahans Road between 10 and 11am Monday to Saturday.
No large vans with trailers will be accepted at Pennyburn.
However, large vans will only be permitted access between 8 and 9am, Monday to Saturday.
A spokesperson for the Council explained that the new arrangements are in place to assist with traffic management arrangements and in the interests of the health and safety of staff and site users.
The following Household Recycling Centres remain open to the public – they are Pennyburn, Strathfoyle, Claudy, Strahans Road in Strabane, Donemana and Claudy. They are open as follows –
• Pennyburn – from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturdays. Sunday, from 1-5pm
• Strathfoyle – from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturdays. Sunday from 1-5pm
• Newtownstewart from 10 am to 6.45pm Monday to Friday, 10 am to 4.45pm on Saturdays
• Donemana from 10 am to 6.45pm, Monday to Friday, 10am to 4.45pm on Saturdays.
• Claudy – from 8am to 5pm Monday to Saturday
• Strahan Road Strabane – from 10 am to 6.45pm, Monday to Friday, and on Saturdays from 10am to 4.45pm.
The Glendermott Recycling Centre remains temporarily closed as we continue to review traffic management arrangements within the wider Glendermott complex and work with the HSE to look at alternative arrangements for reopening.
The remaining household sites at Eglinton, Plumbridge and Park currently remain closed to the public under review.
A temporary waste disposal facility has set up at Spamont Playing Fields in Castlederg to assist those in the rural area of Killen, Castlederg and Killeter, to dispose of additional waste during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
It will continue to open two days per week, every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am to 4pm, to dispose of general and green waste only.
The public who wish to dispose of larger items of waste are encouraged to avail of Council’s free Bulky Waste Collection Service that can be booked online at www.derrystrabane.com/bulkywasteTags: