A well established company in the Letterkenny area of County Donegal is currently recruiting for a Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality Manager.
Ideally, the SHEQ Manager should have a minimum 5 years experience. A suitable qualification in Health & Safety is essential.
Our Client is a very well-established Irish Manufacturing/Construction Company. They are currently on the lookout for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
As a SHEQ Manager/ Safety Officer you will be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management Systems. This will include, but not limited to, undertaking audits and inspections, developing operating procedures, reviewing risk assessments, preparing reports and statistics, delivering presentations as well as providing advice and guidance to employees and sub-contractors.
Experience in the Construction sector and knowledge of the legislation in Ireland is necessary. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience working as a Health & Safety Manager. The SHEQ Manager is responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety in accordance with company policy and relevant statutory provisions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programs for new employees or contractors working on site
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required
- Serving as a representative at Site meetings
- Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for main contractor and Sub-Contractors personnel
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certificates are updated
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File
- A Health and Safety Qualification is essential
- With 5 years’ experience
- Previous experience managing safety on site
- Excellent communication, leadership & presentation skills
- Experience in the construction industry
This is a full time permanent position with an immediate start.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with SHEQ/ Safety Officer Vacancy in the email subject line.
Applications must be received by Friday 23rd August for interviews Thursday 29th August