JOB VACANCY: The Lough Derg Pilgrimage Centre in Co. Donegal is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
Lough Derg is a pilgrimage centre situated on a small island in Lough Derg, near Pettigo.
The pilgrimage season runs from early April until the end of October when over 10,000 people will visit the island on retreat/pilgrimage. Maintenance of buildings and services is therefore extensive and is carried out both in season and out of season making this a permanent position.
Reporting directly to the Prior, Fr La Flynn, the Maintenance Manager will join a team of eight permanent staff and up to fifty seasonal staff. The successful candidate will shadow the present Maintenance Manager for the first three months and will then be subject to a further three month probationary period. This will be a full-time, permanent position.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of plant on the island, the lakeshore and administration office in Pettigo. This includes preventative maintenance and repair of all buildings and the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, heating, alarm and telecommunication systems. The Maintenance Manager will also assume the role of Safety Coordinator. Due to the island location they will also be required to drive the boat when circumstances necessitate.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspect, repair and maintain buildings and plant; this includes mechanical, electrical, plumbing, heating and alarm systems as well as security cameras and telecommunication services.
- Employ preventative maintenance.
- Keep detailed records of work schedule and maintenance log.
- Ensure all Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Oversee health and safety training for employees.
- Drive boat when necessary (on-the-job training will be provided).
- Order and control stock of oil, gas and equipment spares.
- Schedule and oversee work of specialist service contractors when necessary
The successful candidate for the position of Maintenance Manager at Lough Derg will have the following characteristics:
- A self-motivated individual who is able to work on own initiative while being a member of a dynamic team of staff
- Have a background in general plant maintenance with at least 3 years’ experience and a proven record in a similar role
- Have a good working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing and heating systems. A relevant qualification will be an advantage.
- Have the flexibility to work weekends and/or evenings when necessary
- Possess good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Be computer-literate
- Possess full clean driving licence and have the use of personal vehicle
This position includes the role of Safety Coordinator, responsible for all matters related to Safety, Health and Welfare of both employees and customers.
The Maintenance Manager will work alternate weekends during the Pilgrimage Season.
Application is by submission of C.V. , either by post to The Prior, Lough Derg, Pettigo, Co. Donegal or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications must be received before 12noon on Friday 28th June 2019.
Further information on Lough Derg is available at www.loughderg.org