THE Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland next week (December 8-14).
- Wonder of Christmas, Craft Village, Shipquay St, Co Derry, December 13-14. Get into the Christmas Spirit at The Craft Village where kids will love the colourful storytelling, arts and crafts, mad-cap puppets shows and much, much more.
- Christmas Woodland, Drumnaph Community Nature Reserve, Maghera, Co Derry, December 14. Awaken your imagination and walk the magical illuminated trail into the heart of the woods to partake in storytelling and art and crafts, before being taken to meet the woodland fairy and receive a gift. Don’t forget to sprinkle some magic fairy dust and make a wish on your way out!
- Santa Special Steam Train, Central Station, Belfast, December 14. Enjoy a return journey of festive fun from Belfast to Whitehead with an on board visit from Santa and presents for the children.
- Tegolin’s Tales, Ards Arts Centre, Town Hall, Newtownards, Co Down. December 13. Tegolin’s Tales is a unique story-telling performance of classic fairytales, featuring specially designed masks that bring the characters to life! The Snow Queen will begin at 11am and a double bill of Rumplestiltskin and Hansel & Gretel will start at 2.30pm.
- Jack and the Beanstalk, Island Arts Centre, The Island, Lisburn, Co Antrim, until December 13. It’s Christmas time again and Lisnagarvey Operatic Society is delighted to be presenting the ever popular ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ with all its fun filled panto characters and magical scenes. Get your Christmas festivities off to a flying start and come and join in the fun with Jack and his friends.
- Christmas at Craftswirl, 40 English Street, Co Armagh, December 13. Visit Craftswirl, Craft & Design Emporium and make your own Christmas gift for someone special. This free workshop is suitable for children aged 4 years and over. All materials will be provided so all you need is loads of festive ideas and plenty of imagination. Children must be accompanied by an adult but this gives you a great opportunity to browse around the shop and start (or finish) your Christmas shopping.
- Newry Christmas Fair, Newry Variety Market, John Mitchel Place, Newry, Co Down, December 14. Come along and get in the Christmas spirit with mulled wine, mince pies, carol singing, performances from local schools and community groups, all to get you in the mood while you browse the unique selection of gifts on offer!
- The Snowman, Alley Theatre, Railway Rd, Strabane, Co Tyrone, December 9-11. Join St. Joseph’s Brass Band for this children’s classic of the film adaptation of Raymond Brigg’s enduring Christmas tale. The band will perform Howard Blake’s uplifting music while school choirs will sing enchanting music such as ‘Walking in the Air’ while the audience enjoys watching the film on a big screen.
- A Magical Christmas Experience, Titanic Belfast, Queen’s Road, Belfast, until December 23. Join Father Christmas for traditional festive cheer. The children are encouraged to make their own decorations, play timeless street games, enjoy classic stories, write their Father Christmas letter and visit him in his Old Curiosity Shop where he’ll check their name off the “Naughty and Nice List”.